FOX Sports Midwest release
Viewership for St. Louis Cardinals telecasts on FOX Sports Midwest reached an all-time high in 2015, according to Nielsen Media Research. The National League Central Champions averaged a 10.0 household rating/123,000 households on FOX Sports Midwest, up 29 percent from last season.
Cardinals local-market ratings ranked second in MLB, behind only the Kansas City Royals, marking the 16th consecutive season the Cardinals finished in MLB’s top three. It’s the first time two teams from the same state finished first and second in MLB local-market ratings.
Cardinals telecasts on FOX Sports Midwest were the highest-rated, most-watched programming in prime time in St. Louis during baseball season again in 2015, outdistancing the nearest competitor by 95 percent.
FOX Sports Midwest televised 145 regular season games. Its coverage continues with postgame shows after Cardinals playoff games.
Facts and figures
- Cardinals telecasts averaged a 10.0 rating/123,000 households in 2015, the highest season average ever in FOX Sports Midwest’s 22 seasons as the team’s TV home. The previous high was a 9.4 in 2010.
- Ratings increased 29 percent from a 7.9 last season.
- Cardinals local-market ratings ranked second in MLB, behind the Royals. It’s the 16th consecutive year the Cardinals finished in MLB’s top three and first time two teams from the same state ranked 1 and 2.
- Toyota Cardinals Live pregame show ratings rose 22 percent and Missouri Lottery Cardinals Live postgame increased 42 percent over 2014.
- Cardinals telecasts on FOX Sports Midwest are the highest-rated, most-watched programming in prime time in St. Louis during baseball season.
Data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research, April 4-Oct. 4, 2015; household ratings for the St. Louis DMA.
Follow me on Twitter.
Latest posts by Brian Walton (see all)
- Talking Cardinals Prospects on KFNS - April 20, 2017
- Talking Cardinals Baseball with Ken Miller – April 17 - April 18, 2017
- Revisiting the WBC and Cardinals Spring Attendance - April 12, 2017