Cardinal Talk: KXnO FOX Sports Radio: Looking Ahead

Weekly St. Louis Cardinals-focused chat on KXnO FOX Sports Radio 1460 in Des Moines.

As is the case each week during the season, I joined Ken Miller on KXnO FOX Sports Radio 1460 in Des Moines in our series to discuss the St. Louis Cardinals.

This week, we looked back at the Cardinals’ Championship Series loss to the San Francisco Giants and recapped the season. We looked forward to the hot stove league and 2015 before finishing back in the present with some World Series talk.

Once again in 2014, Cardinals followers in central Iowa were able to catch St. Louis Cardinals radio broadcasts on KXnO as well as my regular segment each week throughout the season, either over the air or via streaming. Or, if you miss it live, you can always catch the replay right here at The Cardinal Nation blog.

Click here for audio: Brian Walton with Ken Miller (8:08)

Brian Walton

Brian Walton runs The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation Blog, covering the St. Louis Cardinals and minor league system.

12 Responses to “Cardinal Talk: KXnO FOX Sports Radio: Looking Ahead”

I wonder what kind of offers Nelson Cruz will be getting this winter. He turns 35 next July.

A lot better than last winter, I imagine. He should stay in the AL and be a DH.

I don’t suppose you could capsulize the rules this year, as to certain FAs costing the signing team a pick, compensation for losing a FA, qualifying offers, etc.

I am kind of wondering if it would be a good idea to give Masterson a qualifying offer.

Is Cruz’s D really that bad? A few years back his UZR was pretty good IIRC.

The Cards aren’t going to make any qualifying offers to any of their five free agents, so they will not gain any extra draft picks for them leaving. Which free agents would cost a pick if signed will depend on whether or not their current teams make qualifying offers. It is too early to know how that will turn out.

Yes, Nelson Cruz is a below-average outfielder.

Joe Madden is unemployed and could become the bench coach for Madcap Mike!

Awesome

Terribly, terribly sad.

Oscar’s loss is regrettable for the sport of baseball, since he had what it takes to be a brilliant hitter.
      Beyond the sport, he appeared good natured and cheerful. For his life to close, with so much joy and good feeling yet to be given, is a great pity and reminds us of the frailty of life.

My mother passed away on Thursday. I returned tonight from my mother’s funeral (we buried her back home in Desloge this afternoon, which is 175 miles away). I wasn’t home 20 minutes when the news about Oscar showed up on Twitter. I am sick. I can’t believe it. Too much death for me.