They include an agreement with WHVL-TV to air three Spikes home games live on television for the first time in franchise history. For the ninth consecutive season, the Spikes will also team up with First Media Radio and flagship radio station 95.3 FM 3WZ to provide live radio and Internet coverage of every New York-Penn League game.
WHVL will carry each of the three Spikes games live from Medlar Field at Lubrano Park and will also present occasional encore broadcasts. They include opening night, July 4th and one other contest.
The WHVL live broadcasts:
– Saturday, June 14: Spikes vs. Williamsport Crosscutters (Philadelphia Phillies), 7:05 p.m.
– Friday, July 4: Spikes vs. Jamestown Jammers (Pittsburgh Pirates), 1 p.m.
– Sunday, August 3: Spikes vs. Hudson Valley Renegades (Tampa Bay Rays), 6:05 p.m.
Steve Jones, the “Voice of the Spikes” and longtime voice of Penn State football and men’s basketball, will serve as the lead announcer. Jones will be joined in the booth by Penn State baseball radio voice Loren Crispell for the June 14 contest. MLB.com draft and prospect expert Jonathan Mayo will be the analyst for the other two games.
I do not yet know for sure, but I imagine these games will be picked up nationally by MiLB.TV.
Many of those who will make up the Spikes’ 2014 roster will be drafted this Thursday through Saturday. Players will start arriving this weekend, including those who had been competing in the Cardinals extended spring training camp in Jupiter, Florida.
Latest posts by Brian Walton (see all)
- Matheny Says His Words Could Put His Players at Risk - March 28, 2017
- Over/Under Props on Individual Cardinals Results in 2017 - March 28, 2017
- Cardinals Minor League Spring Training Notebook: 03/27/17 - March 27, 2017