Peoria Chiefs, Caterpillar unveil Dozer Park logo

On Wednesday, the Peoria Chiefs and Caterpillar Inc. released the new logo for the recently-re-named Dozer Park. Not surprisingly, the image incorporates baseball and a Cat bulldozer. Specifically, the logo features the familiar bright yellow track-type tractor pushing the name Dozer Park and a baseball across home plate.

Last month, Caterpillar acquired naming rights for Chiefs Stadium for $2 million over 10 years as part of a much broader set of Chiefs refinancing actions. Details can be found here.

Logoed signs will be installed at the downtown stadium in the coming weeks with a grand re-opening event expected this summer.

19 Responses to “Peoria Chiefs, Caterpillar unveil Dozer Park logo”

Our 35th best prospect really mowed them down.

I figured nobody expected much since they gave him uni #70.

Extraordinary outing for Lyons. It is his fourth-ever start going at least seven innings allowing one run or less in 48 career tries. One was a seven inning no-hitter at Palm Beach in 2011.

The Cardinals have very few numbers available to give. P.S. He also wore no. 70 in spring camp.

So I guess our rotation is:

Wainwright, Lyons, Lynn, Gast, Miller.

And the pen:

Mujica, Choate, Boggs, Rosenthal, Kelly, Maness, Martinez.

Remember when Dave Duncan stirred up a stink about pitchers not being prepared right when they got to St. Louis? I am not imagining that, right? The organization must have listened, and then done something about it. Was that two years ago, or three?

Impressive that the gaps can be filled from within. I for one am glad we aren’t seeing the Miguel Batistas and J.C. Romeros.

Yes, I recall Duncan’s comments as well. While there were specific actions taken to get the majors and minors in better sync, I can’t help but wonder if better talent to call upon makes at least as much difference. For example, I am pretty sure I have seen more four-seamers since Dunc retired. Doesn’t seem to matter if outs are being recorded.

I am not sure Gast and Lyons are better talent-wise. Maybe, but they seem to know how to pitch and maintain composure. They have an aura of professionalism beyond their tenure. Perhaps the same for Maness, but I haven’t seen much of him.

Granted, there are guys with better talent, too.

Aside: I see where Memphis’s new guy got some run support for his AAA debut. He looked pretty good I take it. Scrabble seems to be having issues.

• CariocaCardinal says:

Maybe Dave Duncan was imagining things..

I am surprised ‘Caterpillar’ does not appear in the logo. I guess people in Peoria will see the logo and associate Caterpillar, but elsewhere? It’s like AB-Inbev paying to call it ‘Beer Stadium’ and having a nemeless bottle of beer for the logo. We’d know but who else would.

• LarryBird says:

Most people in Peoria hate the name. If Cat did not want their name in it the majority here think it should be called The Proving Grounds. It is an actual name of the place where Cat tries out their equipment and a great play on The Polo Grounds plus a great play on the players.

I had something mildly interesting happen last night. I got on Twitter when the game started and discovered that Jose Bautista (yes the real one) is following me. Have no idea why. Unless it was the tweet I sent to Jose Canseco advising him to keep his trap shut about the rape investigation he is now involved in. Guy is certifiable.