Many fans are aware that the first official spring training reporting date for the St. Louis Cardinals major league camp invitees is on Monday, February 11, when pitchers and catchers report. Their initial workout is the next day.
While some snowbirds plan their Florida trip to Jupiter’s Roger Dean Stadium to begin some time after the first official games begin on Saturday, February 23, others want to get an even earlier start on seeing their favorite Cardinals in action in a more informal setting.
The Roger Dean staff will once again be rolling out the welcome mat for those who want to attend Cardinals workouts (or Marlins workouts, for that matter) between February 12 and 22.
Workouts are scheduled on the back fields, but most parking (while free) is in the vicinity of the main stadium. Given the walking distances can be a bit much for some, a free trolley is again being made available to help shorten the trek.
Each of the four fields that make up The George Kissel Quad has bleachers for fans to sit and enjoy the action up close, take photos and perhaps score an autograph when players are not working. Same with Field #1, closest to the Cardinals clubhouse.
To remain hydrated and nourished, visitors can purchase food and beverage from a roving cart, and the RDS Team Store in the main ballpark will be open, as well.
The following information has been provided by the fine folks at Roger Dean Stadium.
Cardinals/Marlins back fields workout info
* Dates – February 12 – 22 will be open to the public
– Approximate times: 9 am – 1 pm (times are subject to change at teams’ discretion)
* Trolley – Will run every day during workouts
– Approximate times: 9 am – 1 pm (times subject to change based upon teams’ schedules)
– Trolley Stops (3): Outside of the Team Store (Main St.); Marlins Quad Entrance (Stadium Drive); Next to Cardinals Player Parking Lot (University Blvd. & Central Blvd. intersection)
* Food/Beverage – A golf cart will be running from Quad to Quad with various food and beverage options
* Merchandise – Regular Team Store hours during workouts (9:30 am- 2:30 pm)
Latest posts by Brian Walton (see all)
- Talking Cardinals Prospects on KFNS - April 20, 2017
- Talking Cardinals Baseball with Ken Miller – April 17 - April 18, 2017
- Revisiting the WBC and Cardinals Spring Attendance - April 12, 2017