Vote now for your 2013 Cardinals top prospects

With the close of the regular minor league season, it is once again time for national lists of top St. Louis Cardinals prospects to start appearing across the web. Have you ever looked at them and thought, “I could do better than that!”?

Well, now is your chance to act.

The Cardinal Nation message board community has begun its free, seventh-annual selection process of the top prospects in the Cardinals minor league system as voted upon by you, the fans.

The process is easy and anyone can participate. Follow the proceedings on a special thread at The Cardinal Nation message board. It began with a community vote for prospect number one. Just make a post specifying your choice. After several days of voting, the player with the simple majority of votes cast is proclaimed the winner. Balloting for prospect number two follows and so on. Discussion is encouraged.

In addition to having been the first Cardinals prospect list of its kind, the community voting will again be included in the blended tabulation of the official The Cardinal Nation Top 40 Prospect List for 2013. Its annual rollout will begin shortly after Thanksgiving. The past seven years’ lists can be viewed via links located in the special area at the lower left of The Cardinal Nation’s home page.

The Cardinal Nation Top 40 will not only be featured on the website, but it will also appear in the 2013 FOX Sports Fantasy / FOX Sports NEXT Prospects Guide. This annual magazine will arrive on newsstands across the country next spring and is mailed at no extra charge to annual subscribers to The Cardinal Nation.

Not yet a subscriber? Join The Cardinal Nation for the most comprehensive coverage of the St. Louis Cardinals from the majors through the entire minor league system. Take advantage of our seven-day free trial.

To current subscribers, thank you very much for your business!

22 Responses to “Vote now for your 2013 Cardinals top prospects”

1. Kansasbirdman says:

I’m voting for Michael Wacha, not because I have indepth or even esoteric knowledge of the subject matter, but because he was nice enough to sign our ball.

Can anyone explain to me the point of bringing Ryan Jackson up? It’s clear to me he isn’t going to play.

I am amazed at the number of people who are positive that Jackson is not a major league caliber hitter from 13 PAs. Do people even bother to try and understand baseball at all?

Nice win last night, no thanks to the offense. I think it was something like 11 LOB. Pitiful.

Some positives last night. Molina, Carpenter, and Holliday solved Capauno. It would have been a good game to steal away with a win.
    But Ethier pulled an away fastball and Cruz has been killing the Cards. He won another game with a 3 run shot, that one off Kelly in St Louis.

Wow this place has been dead lately.

Anybody want to give odds on Garcia making it to 5 innings today?

Agree Crdswmn.Garcia has to have some pride and it had to be hurting after his road games .Too bad it was wasted.This years team makes me want cuss repeatedly.Several days ago i wrote about remember 1964 and don`t give up…………………………..well now it seems like the Cards are doing their 2011 Braves impersonation.

Observations from last night’s game.

1. The bunting nonsense is never going to stop, is it?
    2. I think Ryan Jackson must be dead and the club is keeping it a secret.
    3. Our offense doesn’t take good at bats. Too many swings out of the strike zone, taking a lot of good pitches. Are they guessing too much? If the ball is in the zone, swing, if it’s not, don’t. Big Mac needs to knock some heads together.
    4. Daniel Descalso should not play shortstop. If #2 is incorrect, we know who should be.
    5. Call up Oscar Taveras, yea or nay? Up until last night, my answer was nay. Now I’m desperate and will agree to anything (baseball related that is).
    6. MLB umpiring may not be worse than it’s ever been, but it still sucks a whole lot. Does Joe Torre actually do anything useful?
    7. Memo to Jason Motte: I know you love your fastball, but is a secondary pitch really too much to ask for?

This team is giving me ulcers. I don’t have health insurance, so St. Louis Cardinals, do you really want that on your conscience?

On #7, I had happened to check what Motte threw to Rivera. His final two pitches of the game were cutters.

On #3, I wonder if McGwire’s preparation is a contributor.

On #1, I am really perplexed about all the bunting. Last night, for example, it turned a great opportunity for a hot hitter in Carpenter into an ugly strikeout. It seems like Matheny has little faith that his guys can get a timely hit and put together a big inning.

Speaking of shortstops, we once had this one:

I think I’m going to cry now.

Who wants to bet no Molina in the lineup today? Monday is an off day, he should play.

Kozma or Descalso at short? Probably Descalso, because RHP. Also will probably get Schumaker at 2B.

Jay
      Beltran
      Holliday
      Craig
      Molina
      Freese
      Schumaker
      Kozma
      Wainwright

What do you know, Molina is actually in the lineup. Perhaps Matheny is finally learning something.

Kozma instead of Descalso at SS, and Skip at 2B. Beltran in and MCarp out.

RIP Ryan Jackson.