Walton with Rains radio duo on Cardinals minors

This week, I joined Rob Rains and B.J. Rains on The Sports Zone Show on Sports Radio 1380 AM in St. Louis. Even if you are outside the St. Louis area, you can always catch the show’s live internet stream for free.

Our focus was on the prospects playing on the Cardinals four full-season clubs to start the 2012 season, with special attention on several of the top prospects playing at Double-A Springfield.

In addition to their weekday show from 1:00 to 3:00 P.M CDT, catch Rob’s writings at RobRains.com and B.J.’s daily beat coverage of the St. Louis Cardinals at FOXSportsMidwest.com.

Listen to audio: Brian Walton with Rob and B.J. Rains (16:14)

18 Responses to “Walton with Rains radio duo on Cardinals minors”

A writer on SI.com picks 5 guys from each league for his early “cy Young’ watch. On the NL side one of the five is Lance Lynn. That’s funny. Should Lance happen to keep it up and not wear down, it will become less funny. Then Carp will return and voters would have to decide if they should vote for a guy who got demoted to the pen. Now that would be really funny.

Kyle McClellan was among the finalists for the coveted “May 11, 2011 Cy Young Award” with his perfect 5-0 record.

Over 80 percent of the season remains…

I thought it funny that having a good April would connect up with the Cy Young in somebody’s mind.

Nothing should be taken away from Lance, of course. Unbelievable. Hope he keeps it up. Keeping up the run support will help, too.

Then Adam has his chance to get to .500 tomorrow.

It’s pretty impressive that Cincy is keeping up. So far :)

Naturally, there was no game on my day off. Good luck tonight to the Cards best lefthander in 30 years. I hope he can pull above .500.

With Lance back, Mike is up to his ass in thumpers. Tough gig.

No word on the roster move yet, i take it?

Forgot to say best wishes to TLR tonight. Another baseball Icon the Cards can lay claim to. The pregame coverage should be fun with all the guys from Tony’s past. Sorry to miss it.

Moyer is going for the Rockies tonight.

5. LarryBird says:

The Cardinals know how to do it right! Congrats to Tony and I applaud the ceremony! His story about Mrs. Stewart still has me laughing my rear off:) He gave everyone else the credit especially Dave Duncan! Even though some may disagree I say kudos to a very humble man!

6. WestCoastbirdWatcher says:

Bill leans in and pats him on the arm…………………. and says”good job”,…………………….
    not “congratulations “……………. I wonder what constitutes a bad job??????????? Yadi was distracted by something……..and that is unusual…………… bet I could guess………….. Tony and Dave…..possibly in the division………….. the liability that Fox is carrying on their SoCal play…………dwarfs the AP contract……….
    these guys always have contingency plans………… options carefully prepared ………. the hammer may appear sooner than later…………. the Votto contract maybe becomes more understandable with Lozano at the center………………… its not the loss of 250………………. its the depreciation of their 3 billion investment against the surging prospects of the Dodger tv deal…………………

7. T8Ball says:

Aaron Miles signed a MiL contract with the Dodgers. I don’t think the Dodgers realize what kind of late inning pitching gem they have there. ;)