Cardinals to appear on MLB Network five times in May

With the recent closure of the dispute between AT&T u-verse and FOX Sports Midwest, television viewing problems for St. Louis-area fans of the St. Louis Cardinals have pretty much been cleared up.

Those outside of the Cardinals-designated markets, however, must continue to rely on pay packages such as MLB Extra Innings or MLB.TV to catch their club on live video. Another vehicle to remember – one that is available on many cable and satellite systems – is MLB Network.

Despite it being owned by the sport about which it reports, MLB Network offers the best major league baseball coverage of any national broadcast entity, in my opinion. That includes selected live game telecasts. Though still blacked out in home markets, they provide another opportunity for displaced fans to view their favorite club in action.

MLB Network has announced its  live game schedule for May. The Cardinals will be presented in a primary or alternate telecast five times during the upcoming month, including one contest with MLBN broadcasters instead of team feeds. Two are road games with the other three originating from Busch Stadium.

May 11: vs. Atlanta
May 12: vs. Atlanta
May 19: at Dodgers
May 24: vs. Philadelphia (Bob Costas and Tom Verducci on the call)
May 28: at Atlanta

As always, check your local TV listings for games to be shown on your specific system.

16 Responses to “Cardinals to appear on MLB Network five times in May”

1. friendmouse says:

That is very good news, Brian. I reside in the greater San Antonio area, which means Cardinals’ games are often “trumped” (if there are other options) by either the Rangers, the Astros, the yankees, or the bosox.
    You wrote…”Despite it being owned by the sport about which it reports, MLB Network offers the best major league baseball coverage of any national broadcast entity, in my opinion.” I definitely concur! Even when the Cardinals are not being broadcast, they offer periodic “Live Look-ins” and often cut to the live game for the last out or two of the game, or when a dramatic moment is unfolding. Even with my Redbird Bias, I believe, for the most part, the announcers / hosts of their shows are fair, balanced, and impartial, and do possess a more-than-adequate knowledge of the game, and, importantly, are good communicators. I just wish they showed more…maybe like ESPN, they could “expand” with MLB2.

Glad to see Jay and Schumaker both in the lineup tonight. With Berkman still out, we need all the lefties we can get in there. Schumaker is a more advanced hitter than Descalso, right now. Descalso will get better in the years ahead, but is still struggling to hit at the ML level. Let Skip have a shot tonight. After Berkman returns, we can use more of the Greene/Descalso platoon.

Lets pile it on the Brewers tonight, stomp them good, remind them that we own them.

In fairness to Gallardo, the ump seems to have a tight strikezone. If he got a few borderline calls, he would not have to groove it to Carpenter. Do I feel sorry for him? No.

Is Morgan a lousy CF with the glove or what?

• Kansasbirdman says:

At least he is quiet tonight. Didn’t see you were on this page Jumbo. I was on previous one, thought I was alone

I thought Morgan should have tried harder on Skip’s triple. He should dive for one like that.

I am feeling guilty because I wished bad things on the Brewers and we are now mopping the floors with them. At this rate, we are going to score 25 runs on the team Brian thinks is smarter than Mo. How will he be able to explain this?

5. Kansasbirdman says:

I like how McClendon is walking our #8 and #1 hitters to get to our big bats.

6. Kansasbirdman says:

Video of the St Louis Zoo sign. That takes me back. Can’t wait to take our son and ride the train.

12-1 already. Feeling guilty.

Jay and Skip should run into fences more often. They seem improved.

Vastly overpaid Angel player Torii Hunter popped his first dinger of the season. Can Albert be too far behind?