Note: Updated ring information here.
Prior to last Saturday’s game at Busch Stadium, the St. Louis Cardinals held their ceremony to present 2011 World Championship rings to players, coaches and staff.
Fans who attended the game received their own collectible version, as well. In case there was any doubt about the popularity of these wearable replica World Series rings, they are already being sold on ebay for $100 or more.
If you missed out on getting yours at Busch Stadium, you will have a second chance this Thursday, April 19 in Springfield. That evening, the Double-A Cardinals will be giving away 2,000 of the replica rings before Springfield takes on Tulsa at Hammons Field. In a bonus, hot pitching prospect Trevor Rosenthal is scheduled to start.
It should be a great homestand for S-Cards fans as the Cardinals 2011 World Series trophy will arrive in Springfield the next day and remain on display for the entire weekend, through Sunday, April 22. Tentative starters will be Michael Blazek, Tyler Lyons and Scott Gorgen.
- Cardinals receive 2011 World Championship rings (photos and video of actual rings and ceremony)
- Tony La Russa to present rings to Octavio Dotel and Gerald Laird
- View past World Series rings at WorldSeriesRings.net
- Ring discussion on The Cardinal Nation message board
Latest posts by Brian Walton (see all)
- Talking Cardinals Prospects on KFNS - April 20, 2017
- Talking Cardinals Baseball with Ken Miller – April 17 - April 18, 2017
- Revisiting the WBC and Cardinals Spring Attendance - April 12, 2017