Walton with Rains radio duo on Cardinals minors

On Tuesday afternoon, I joined Rob Rains and B.J. Rains on The Sports Zone Show on Sports Radio 1380 AM in St. Louis. Even if you are outside the St. Louis area, you can always catch the show’s live internet stream for free.

Our focus was on the prospects playing on the Cardinals four full-season clubs to start the 2012 season. We also discussed some key injuries and some off-the-radar guys to watch this summer.

In addition to their weekday show from 1:00 to 3:00 P.M CDT, catch Rob’s writings at RobRains.com and B.J.’s daily beat coverage of the St. Louis Cardinals at FOXSportsMidwest.com.

Listen to audio: Brian Walton with Rob and B.J. Rains (20:56)

16 Responses to “Walton with Rains radio duo on Cardinals minors”

“Signed to big deal, Phillips sidelined . . . ”

Ha ha, Walt got Linebrinked.

Hate to see bases loaded one out and not get anything. I guess without Schmalbert, Yadi will be the GIDP leader.

Been a lot of LOBs so far, but I guess that goes with lots of baserunners.

Nice three bagger by ‘Wheels’ Berkman.

Freese kind of overdid the sac fly, but ok.

Really silenced that crowd. :)

Wish we could play the Reds 162 games a year.

5. Kansasbirdman says:

Following on gametrax. Seems like a lot of strikeouts and gidps. Only scores from going yard. Lots left on base but good enough due to good pitching. Hard to get a good feel or assessment without seeing the game or listening to radio. A win is a win and two series down.

Solid pitching, solid defense.

Who will lead the team in homers?

You don’t have TV or radio in Kansas?

• Kansasbirdman says:

Hah hah. Actually, I was in a meeting, so had to check for updates during the downtimes.

Funny story though. My mother is from St. Louis and that side of the family still lives there. My father is from SW MO and my parents moved there after they got married. When I was born my mother’s grandmother came to visit and help out with new baby. She was a huge Cardinal fan and rarely missed a game. She said one afternoon that she wanted to catch the game on the radio, and my mother said ‘Sorry, I don’t think we can get it on the radio’ and my great-grandmother said, ‘We should be able to , I brought my radio from home, I can always get the games on my radio’ :-)

The champs are mowing down their opponents. If TLR was super genius, Matheny must be an uber genius.

7. Kansasbirdman says: