Eighth Cardinals spring telecast added

3/25 update: Final week of XM satellite broadcasts added.

MLB Network has announced its spring training telecast schedule. Included in the 150-game national slate are eight St. Louis Cardinals contests. Seven of the eight are telecasts previously announced on other networks, however.

The unique-to-MLB Network live telecast will be the Cardinals’ March 10 outing against the Miami Marlins in Jupiter. (Update: Though the Marlins official site does not indicate this, the broadcast of the 3/10 game will originate with FOX Sports Florida.)  That increases the total number of Cardinals Florida spring training games to be televised to eight of 28.

Six of the other seven MLB Network Cardinals games will be delayed broadcasts, including several that will re-run the following morning. For specific times of these replays, check the detailed schedule on the MLB Network website. Also, all eight games will be shown live on MLB.TV for subscribers. The Cardinals will not appear nationally on ESPN this spring.

The Cardinals spring opener, to be covered by KMOX radio, is just seven days away. All radio broadcasts, whether originating from KMOX or from the Cardinals opponent, will be available through MLB Gameday Audio. It is included with an MLB.TV subscription and is also separately orderable.

The first of the eight televised spring games will be the very next day, live at 1:05 P.M. Eastern on Tuesday, March 6. MLB Network will re-play that St. Louis contest, against the New York Mets, at 9:00 A.M. Eastern on Wednesday morning. A majority of the Cardinals televised games, five, will once again originate from FOX Sports Midwest.

The full Cardinals spring schedule, including all television and radio, home and away, from friend and foe, follows. Satellite radio details are announced week-by-week so will be updated as available.

St. Louis Cardinals 2012 spring training broadcast schedule (as of March 25)

Day Date Opponent Location Time StL TV Other television StL radio Opp radio XM sat
Mon 5-Mar Miami Marlins Jupiter 1:05 KMOX 183
Tue 6-Mar New York Mets Pt. St. Lucie 1:10 SNY/MLB Net*/MLB.TV
Wed 7-Mar Washington Nationals Viera 1:05
Thu 8-Mar Boston Red Sox Jupiter 1:05 KMOX 186
Fri 9-Mar Minnesota Twins Fort Myers 1:05 ESPN 1500 179
Sat 10-Mar Miami Marlins Jupiter** 1:05 FSFlorida MLB Network/MLB.TV KMOX WAXY 186
Sun 11-Mar Washington Nationals Jupiter 1:05 KMOX 186
Mon 12-Mar Washington Nats (ss) Viera 1:05
12-Mar Atlanta Braves (ss) Jupiter 1:05 KMOX WFOM
Tue 13-Mar New York Mets Pt. St. Lucie 1:10 SNY/MLB Net/MLB.TV
Wed 14-Mar Houston Astros Jupiter 1:05 KMOX KBME 186
Thu 15-Mar Boston Red Sox Fort Myers 2:30
Fri 16-Mar Miami Marlins Jupiter 1:05 WAXY
Sat 17-Mar Detroit Tigers Lakeland 1:05 FSMidwest MLB Network*/MLB.TV KMOX 97.1 FM 178
Sun 18-Mar Miami Marlins Jupiter 1:05 KMOX WAXY 186
Mon 19-Mar Atlanta Braves Buena Vista 1:05 FSMidwest MLB Network*/MLB.TV WFOM
Tue 20-Mar Houston Astros Kissimmee 1:05 FSMidwest FSHou/MLB Net*/MLB.TV KBME 186
Wed 21-Mar New York Mets Jupiter 1:05 KMOX 186
Thu 22-Mar Washington Nationals Jupiter 1:05 FSMidwest MLB Network*/MLB.TV KMOX 186
Fri 23-Mar Miami Marlins Jupiter** 1:05
Sat 24-Mar New York Mets Pt. St. Lucie 1:10 FSMidwest WPIX NY/MLB Net*/MLB.TV KMOX WFAN 184
Sun 25-Mar Minnesota Twins Jupiter 1:05 KMOX ESPN 1500 186
Mon 26-Mar New York Mets Jupiter 1:05
Tue 27-Mar OPEN DATE
Wed 28-Mar Detroit Tigers Jupiter 1:05 KMOX 186
Thu 29-Mar Miami Marlins Jupiter** 1:05 WAXY
Fri 30-Mar New York Mets Jupiter 1:05 KMOX 186
Sat 31-Mar Washington Nationals Viera 1:05 KMOX 186
Sun 1-Apr Washington Nationals Jupiter 1:05 KMOX 186
Mon 2-Apr Springfield Cardinals Sprf, Mo. 6:10 Jock 98.7/KMOX
Times are local
** StL is away team
(ss) split squad
* delayed broadcast

15 Responses to “Eighth Cardinals spring telecast added”

It is fitting that the starter for the ST opener will be the rotation’s wins leader last season.

Oh, wait, wins doesn’t mean anything, I forgot. It’s just coincidence he was also the rotation’s ERA leader too. And WHIP. My respect for Matheny is plummeting.

I thought I would mention that I’ve been enjoying the blog posts from the new beat reporter, linked below in the blogroll. Seems quite energetic. Nice teeth.

3. WestCoastbirdWatcher says:

After the footballs stopped flying came the separation of the “ways”………… I had chosen music, my brothers “the cowboy way”……………… It would appear that “true” cow-poking had much in common with every other full contact sport……….that included with special emphasis, the role of the cowgirl……..
    I tagged along to experience a “rodeo” when it came to town………I was quite confident that as in everything else, before witnesses, especially crowds of ladies in hats, that I could kick their asses. Hadn’t I bested them at everything else? More touchdowns, more yardage, more home runs, all league in 4 sports? I won the dive off at the new bridge over the lake………… after 4 dives they were starting to fidget at 35 ft……. I had made only one up until that point…….yet one after the other they made that dive……. with all three in the water they looked back to watch my dive…….. I had climbed all the way up to railroad trestle at that point……brother Steve was 6th to load ……. his horse was a skittish nasty looking horse….this pony did not seem happy ….he seemed determined to keep any and everyone off his back……….still, after watching the first few riders, how hard could this really be?…..one went the full 8 seconds anyway………………. their first, “what the H are you going to doing”, that is 63ft…….that is Acapulco….you’re going to kill yourself………. I was already outside the hand cables on the walkway, the ski boat not looking to large for some reason ……………… a particularly wiry, crusty looking cowboy from the livestock company approached………..his hat had been through some serious “shaping” session, and showed the soil of having landed on a horses butt a few 1000 times………. he said “we have to get gate 6 loaded” whats the problem………. after watching another attempt that left brother Steve clinging to the side of the stall, he said” get ready, here we go”……….
    …….the sun was getting low in the West as I looked across the lake, some beautiful pinks and reds were beginning to paint the few clouds that remained for the show………… now, its was about the nature and gravity of “commitment”………. it seemed an easy thing, letting go…….rejoicing at the freedom of a moments weightlessness………………… the cowpoke just bent over, grabbed the horse by the ear, and twisted it……hard…..and swear to god… he put his face right up against that horses…….and bit down on the horses nose like he was starving to death…………. the horse just froze…legs splayed out like he was trying to pull his head down and away from those teeth……..but he could not…….. Steve was on him in an instant, but struggling to get his hand wrapped tight……… time was running out……that famous rodeo announcer’s voice still occupies a place in my memory……..he said, ” and now ladies and gentlemen, coming out of gate 6 is “cowboy Steve” riding the National champion bronc ….and still UN-ridden, “Yellow Fever”……………………. at this point RC……. the boy is bitting off more than he can probably chew……….. sometimes you make a commitment, and the first thing you may notice is the the wind whistling in your ears, where maybe it hadn’t previously……… or that to begin a bronc ride, you have show the judges that you are spurring that horse on his front shoulders as you leave the gate………meaning you technically have to sitting on his back after he comes down from his first gyration…………. there are only 30 teams……every year………. its a business………. things like,” I don’t know if I would feel comfortable wearing the WS ring, but it will certainly have an esteemed place in my trophy case, always reminding me of my friends and fans in St Louis……….that works……..or “it was nice of the guys to vote me a partial share, I’m going to take a vacation I’ve always wanted”……..instead off…… “yeah……..a little sumpin sumpin”………. the AL East is a pretty tough playground for “kicking A and taking names” ………… I would start carrying a pocket full of sugar cubes ……….you’re going to need them…………..

• RCWarrior says:

A little sumpin sumpin sounds better than it’ll be on ebay by the end of the first day I get it…….by we all have different opinions on all of these issues I am sure. I doubt Colby gives a rats behind about a WS ring to be perfectly honest….he didn’t play in it or on the team that won it. He shouldn’t get one imo.

Colby has a new start and there have been a lot of people who have put in a large amount of time to see him get it. If he falls flat on hid face I can personally handle it. This is his chance for a fresh start and thats all I wanted for him. Whatever happens happens. I’ve got everything I could ever want in this life and have little reason to stress over a baseball game…..so I choose not to. Heres hoping you don’t stress over Colby. No matter what he won’t ever have a real job so I don’t think anyone will feel sorry for him. :)

• STLfan51 says:

After reading that I feel like I have been kicked in the teeth by a horse……what a waste of time. RC – You nailed it. Colby is a MLB ballplayer. Most on here would give anything to put on a uniform, oil up the glove, run sprints in the outfield, tar up a few bats, play long toss before a game, run out onto a pristine field, smell the grass and wet dirt, scan the crowd, soaking it all in before gliding over to track a fly ball in center field. Are you kidding me?!!!? We forget that these are people. This is their job. It’s hard enough to do stress free in a perfect environment. Who cares about the drama that gets re-hashed ad nauseum on here? Good luck to Colby, his worst day at his job is a dream to me. Don’t let him forget that RC, at the end of the day that’s what matters!

• RCWarrior says:

That was one of the best WC rants yet. I had to read it 5 times to fully absorb all the hidden meanings. Nice job WC… :)

Hidden!!!!!!!!………………………………. The difference?????????? No matter how long you can keep a bite on that horses nose……….its is there to let loose………. that drover doesn’t want a cowboy killed, but that is the least of his concerns, he needs those points so he can get that horse to a payday……..he is eying the nationals….and having the worst draw possible for everyone else that shows……………… no matter the beauty of your intension’s……the artistry of your personal experience……..every meter above 10 has consequences…… above 15 it is exponential……. there is an accounting firm I remember have a meeting with that day………………

bottom line …………………. party is over …………… you could have kept BD on your side….there are only thirty…….. one bad…..especially the one that assigned you your value……..is bad business…….. you are likely to know/learn the truth of that……………. he isn’t play on your team…..he isn’t BD/Mo pet TLR antagonizer any more ……….. He is playing with grown men who themselves are hungry to be elsewhere…..like St. Louis……….you are all denying the reasons he slumped here…….. they will not tolerate a slump there……their investment is too light……their fans too few………..

AP has figured it out………..the guy has been an energy vampire his whole life……….. he is desperate to tap the Cardinals for his personal self esteem………. he wants to make it hurt in St. Louis….so that he doesn’t have to start preying on his teammates there………….. he is in such deep doo/doo ….. Wells….Hunter….. those guys will turn quick if he isn’t careful……….Arty M. would have said anything to get his hands on that loot……….. that will haunt………. Saints have a way of finding trouble……this should be interesting year……………….. I hope Colby has a lucky streak ……. he will need it……..

You are supposed to be staying positive RC, didn’t you get the memo?

• RCWarrior says:

The positive talk is all about me calling him and telling him his defense needs to be better and every part of his game that is not up to par I have a tendency to remind him of that. But all that took place prior to last year. I didn’t speak to him much at all last year because Tony wanted it that way so there is no way I’m to blame for anything……regardless of what you might read in the post dispatch. If I’d worked with him on his hitting he would have hit. I refused to let him sink prior to that. Now he is set for life, I’m through with it. I did my part. I’m out to pasture and positive is all I can be now. :)

Thanks for inserting the dots, Westie!

5. T8Ball says:

Rosenthal has tweeted twice this evening about Yadi’s possible contract extension:

8:28pm: The deal is in the $70-75MM range, Rosenthal tweets.

6:20pm: The sides are “very close” on a five-year extension worth north of $60MM, reports Rosenthal

—————–

North of 60MM, then 70-75MM…..the amount is ggrrrRROOWWIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG.

• RCWarrior says:

Good for Yadi and good for the Cardinal’s fans if this deal gets done. Yadi has been a big part of 2 WS championships so he deserves to get paid and the fans deserve to have him around for a while. Kudo all around.