St. Louis Cardinals winter topic fatigue

As we have entered the final few weeks before the long winter ends and spring training begins, soon we will have real on-the-field baseball news about which to report.

St. Louis Cardinals pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report to Jupiter, Fla. on February 18 and conduct their first workout on February 19. The remainder of the players are expected to report by February 23 with their first workout on February 24.

In the meantime, I thought I would post a short survey to gauge your opinion on which recent St. Louis Cardinals-related topic has been beaten most to death in recent months, not just here, but by the media and fans in general.

Of which recent Cardinals-related topic are you most weary?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

23 Responses to “St. Louis Cardinals winter topic fatigue”

1. friendmouse says:

This vote won’t even be close! Objectively, though, the Pujols deal WAS the biggest news of the off-season, so of course it will be the most discussed (disgust). The weariness, to me, came from the incessant “what ifs” and all the speculating as to the whys (wise). (can you tell I’m havin’ fun here?) :)
    Had the discussions been more about how Albert will affect the Angels and their line-ups, etc., and how will the Cards “re-shuffle” to maintain our superiority without Albert, then that’s fun. But the accusations and character attacks directed towards Mo and Albert and DeWitt and DeeDee and their presumed motives just absolutely wore (war) me out!!! Like most, I simply cannot wait to hear that opening “Play Ball!”

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
      Admit impediments. Love is not love
      Which alters when it alteration finds,
      Or bends with the remover to remove.
      O no, it is an ever-fixèd mark
      That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
      It is the star to every wand’ring bark,
      Whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken.

• T8Ball says:

Shaking the Spear(e) early aren’t we?

• T8Ball says:

But left out the most important part, intentionally I believe.

For true love will beat the test of time.

Albert will make peace with the Cards eventually and vice versa. And that bothers you doesn’t it?

I hope AP hit thirty home runs in April ……….. I hope Time magazine only needs one cover for 5 years ……………. and most of all I hope he finds grace within such an exploration of greatness……… and then I hope he leads his team to the WS series opening in St Louis ……………. where my rally squirrel gives him ……..a bite on the ass……..which we will then, recognizing all the appropriate decorum…..kick for him…

I voted for rally squirrel because I heard all I needed to hear the first time I heard about it.

Fans used to debate Anthony Reyes ad nauseum. He was the superstar in waiting, but Daddy Dunc ruined him. That ridiculous topic got worn out and Anthony will not reach Cooperstown, even in an Angels uniform.

The trade requests, arrival, trade requests, and departure of Rasmus got my vote. Colby reminded of all the unachieved hype about Reyes. Good for Colby and the Cards to each forward on separate paths.

• RCWarrior says:

You are obviously overly obsessed with that issue then because Albert was discussed 24/7 and still is and will be all next year and Colby was long gone and a dead issue prior to the World Series. The topic was winter topic fatigue and all those things you listed took place prior to the winter. But I do agree that Colby is good to be rid of St. Louis and St. Louis good to be rid of him. :)

Oswalt sounds like he is looking for the highest bidder. Good luck to Roy in trying to elicit a higher bid out of Mo, reigning Executive of the Year.
    Mo may be hiding behind the Oswalt hoopla and quietly hoping to re-sign Edwin Jackson. We like what he did for us in 2011! For the right price, Edwin would be welcomed back.

My hunch is Mo would like to get Roy. He might be working on some complex deal that somehow gets Roy what he’ll take and somehow lessens the financial impact on the Cards.

Roy and his agent are full of hot air, trying to talk up teams to $10MM. It is not going to happen. Its February. They need to wake up and get real. $6MM would be generous. Or retire. Their choice.

Edwin is represented by the super agent, Himself. The Cards like to cut deals with Scottie B and Edwin liked St Louis. If a deal were to happen, lets not be surprised. But if Edwin signs with another team, we get a draft pick. Either way, Mo wins. This is what makes somebody Executive of the Year!

• T8Ball says:

You see, and here all this time I thought it was the Tallet signing.

Mo was inspired in 2011. Tallet was crummy, ditto Miller, ditto Rasmus. He unloaded them all on the Jays, landed Jackson and too old Furcal, Rhodes, and Dotel, and prevailed over Nolan Ryan. It was fun. Go Mo Go.

• RCWarrior says:

I’ll bet my home against yours that Roy signs for closer to 10 than to 6 Jumbo.

If you look out your front window RC……you will see an Allied moving van………. thats my stuff……. if the drivers get restless…….give them something to eat…………… they would probably take your stuff “where ever” for cheap since they’re there …………. ha ha ha……..just kidding….. the word is…that Roy is closer to retiring then just signing for money…………. the Rangers know the St. Louis game……. they’ve made there pitch in a soft market….probably 7.5 with a chance to make 9 if he is all world…. he didn’t like the rejection from the boys club in Philly……….. he wants to play with the gentlemen Cardinals……maybe Cowboy up with Berkman………… BD won’t go any higher than 6………they will eventually get a panic taker for Kmac’s contract for a 2nd level talent…….they are asking for too much at this point for KMac…………just to stay in their Roy catbird seat………….. that will change accordingly……and everyone will just wait for it……..

Bets require no stakes.
            In December, Oswalt or any player commands more than February. Now Roy is hoping for $5MM more, to add to his enormous bank accounts, the happy rascal.

• RCWarrior says:

Edwin isn’t coming back Jumbo……you may need to jump on the Oswalt train if you want a starter.