As December 15 has arrived, it is once again time for my view of the top 20 stores across the St. Louis Cardinals Nation during this calendar year. As has been the case in recent years, the countdown begins with story number 20 and will continue until number one.
I will then wrap up the series with my prediction for the top five Cardinals stories of 2012 and audit how well I did in attempting to predict 2011’s biggest news items one year ago.
This placeholder post will carry the links to all 20 stories. A link to it as well as the top stories of 2008, 2009, 2010 and my start-of-year predictions for 2011 can be found via the Lists > Top Stories of the Year dropdown, located on the red bar near the top center of the page.
The Cardinal Nation Blog’s top 20 stories of 2011
20. Jaime Garcia’s contract extension
19. Chris Carpenter’s extension
18. Yadier Molina’s best season?
17. Closer changes
16. Out went the old in the pen
15. Changes up the middle
14. Luhnow hired by Houston
13. Wainwright’s lost season
12. Young relievers emerge
11. Young position players emerge
10. Freese’s fantastic finish
9. Berkman’s rebirth
8. The Rasmus trade or the title trade?
7. Mo’s man Matheny
6. NLCS win over Brewers
5. NLDS win over Phillies
4. Historic regular season comeback
3. La Russa retires
2. Pujols leaves
1. 11th World Championship
Other related articles:
Reviewing the predictions: TCN Blog’s top five Cardinals stories of 2011
Reader-voted top Cardinals stories of 2011
Projected top five St. Louis Cardinals stories of 2012
Off-the-wall Cardinals story ideas for 2012
Latest posts by Brian Walton (see all)
- Cardinals Hall of Fame Class of 2017 to be Announced Friday - April 27, 2017
- Talking Cardinals Prospects on KFNS - April 20, 2017
- Talking Cardinals Baseball with Ken Miller – April 17 - April 18, 2017