10 World Series DVD Set winners at The Cardinal Nation Blog

I am pleased to announce the 10 winners of The Cardinal Nation Blog’s drawing for copies of the Official 2011 World Series Highlight Film 2-Disc Set. They each were selected by random drawing after entering by making a post on a special thread here at The Cardinal Nation Blog.

The 10 lucky winners are:

kmcmullan
whcardsfan
planet pujolsian
Kansasbirdman
n8crouch
rmd4vr
DwaininAztec
ferriswill
judcar
shahekee

Winners should check your email at the address used to register and respond back to me by the end of the weekend with your name and full mailing address. Discs will be shipped directly from A+E Networks Home Entertainment.

Those who did not win this contest still have time to order your copy of the Official 2011 World Series Highlight Film 2-Disc Set for Christmas. A+E Networks Home Entertainment/MLB Productions released the set on November 22 and will also be making it available in a single Blu-ray disc on December 6. Both can now be ordered at multiple locations, including worldseries.com.

The 2-disc set features an exclusive bonus disc containing the complete NLDS Game 5 vs. the Phillies. Additional extras include behind-the-scenes interviews and bonus programming. More details, including video previews of the discs, can be found here.

Also coming soon is the A&E Home Video St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series Champions Collectors Edition DVD Set, an eight-disc set of all seven complete games plus the bonus DVD. It is also now orderable from MLB.com and other sites with a December 6 availability date.

62 Responses to “10 World Series DVD Set winners at The Cardinal Nation Blog”

As I looked into what I believed was the Deadspin report’s most serious allegation against agent Dan Lozano, it didn’t hold water for me.

“Dan Lozano and Albert Pujols’ 2004 Contract” at TheCardinalNation.com.

From the Deadspin article ????????????????????????????????……………………………. The envelope was sent by Jeff Boris and crew……….who notified Lozano in Aug/Sep that they would release it if ???………. the only question there……..and what was true at the time of his walkaway ………. was the nature of their conflict………. which is tucked away in your archives ……………. it wasn’t in BHSC interest to get into a mudslinging contest with Danny Boy…….but they supplied the water and the dirt…..didn’t they………

Brian your article is well thought out …………. its purpose likely realized ……… I wouldn’t try to take it too far from shore………..

I hadn’t realized that Jockety was able to buy all Albert’s prime years down the road without the team having to spend one cent more short term than they would have in their best case scenario-winning the arb case. In fact, it sounds like they basically paid arb money thru the early years. My hat is off to Walt for recognizing that the Cards would never be able to sign Albert down the road when he had some leverage and figuring out how to throw him a bone that didn’t cost the team anything.

I guess the moral of the story is the time to sell your prime years is not when the team is, as Albert says, doing you a favor. Better to take the short term money, especially if its the same, and sell the prime when you have some leverage.

Of course, none of us was born yesterday. It’s always bad news to buy or sell anything when the other side is doing you a favor.

The long term deal not only guaranteed Albert a lot of money, it guaranteed Lozano a lot of money. Banks are good at turning as much of that as you want into cash now, for a fee.

“Banks are good at turning as much of that as you want into cash now, for a fee.” Or your partners BB. Just add 15% for the insurance on that long term contract……….amongst other factors……….. election year…….. up coming witch trials………… cash to burn that may be compromised if you can’t steal another election………. Stadium shelter taking shape………. Cardinals made a long term investment…………. it turned into a good one…….that doesn’t make Lozano a desperate agent……….. any career threatening injury turns it into something completely different………………. this isn’t the only issue…………from a baseball standpoint……….you have AP ripping up the arbitration precedents……which is why BHSC is suggesting that Lozano fudged in the first place……they wanted that……………….. crime number 1#….. what is the second????? archives………

So far, i am not finding Albert’s free agency stressful. Maybe winning the World Series helped the mood. Mo signed Berkman for a one year deal, so we have cover if Albert leaves. And the Cards will make a strong bid, so it will take a ridiculously high bid for another team to lure Pujols away. Either we land Pujols or another team pays too much, either way the Cards win.

4. CariocaCardinal says:

A fact not in the Deadspin article or Brian’s – Albert made more in his first 10 years than any player in history to that point.

Things to watch for this winter:
    - the Cards do NOT sign a veteran backup catcher. Bryan Anderson has spent 3.5 seasons at AAA already. Cruz is able to do the job. With two rookies available, there is no need for another Laird type.
    - we sign a veteran LOOGY. We need a second lefty for the pen.
    - we do not offer arbitration to Ryan Theriot and Skip Schumaker.
    - we sign a veteran SS (to help make up for the exits of Theriot and Punto). We are not just going to hand SS to Greene. He will have to compete for the position.
    - we offer Skip a contract to be backup OF/2B.
    - and the Pujols decision.

I think the veteran SS will be Furcal on a 2 yr deal. Greene will see time at both SS and 2B, occasional CF. If the stick is there, he’ll be an everyday player, eventually taking over SS full time. Last year proved Furcal’s value at short and in the clubhouse. Worth the money.

Perhaps 99 yr old Jamie Moyer, now surgically repaired, will concede that starting is a younger man’s work, and be a loogy from here on out. How sweet would that be? He may be under everybody’s radar.

And then if Mo also signs Coffey, whoa nelly. After 4 hours I’d have to see my doctor right away.

It helps to think outside the box. Surely Billy Wagner would come out of retirement to wear the birds on the bat. And then there is Bartolo Colon. The pitching possibilities are endless this winter. If I was the GM, the Cards would roll out a staff like nobody has ever seen.

Furcal has been a salary leader at SS over the past 6 years. He made $12MM in 2011. He will push for as much as possible, as his agent has for years.
    Fortunately the Cards are in good shape, having Greene and behind him Kozma, Jackson, Bolivar, Garcia. Mo does not have to sign an expensive SS for 2012.
    When any team signs a vet in November and into December, they are going to pay a peak price. Yet in January and February, there are more unsigned vets than roster slots left unfilled, so bargains become available.
    Mo has had a controversial time at SS: no hit Cesar Izturis, morale slumper Khalil Greene, no field Theriot. While SS is important, Mo could wait for a January bargain.

From Bernie:

“The two St. Louis teams (Big Red, Rams) have won 301 of 668 games and made the playoffs only eight times in 45 seasons.”

Lack of alternatives part of why STL a baseball town??

The Official 2011 World Series film is airing on ESPN right now (8 PM – 9 PM CT Sunday).

In case readers rmd4vr and shahekee are reading this, please check your email. If you do not respond with your address by 8 PM CT Monday evening, your winning DVDs will be awarded to someone else. It would be unfair to make the other eight winners wait for you. Please respond.

Was the Hot Stove this boring this time last year? I seem to recall a lot more going on in late November 2010. There is NOTHING happening, not just with the Cards but with any team or any of the well known FAs. Maybe things will get better during the winter meetings.

Maybe the uncertainty caused by the new labor agreement raised caution until now. I have wondered all along if Pujols and Fielder will keep waiting for the other to set the market.

Non-tenders will be coming up soon as well. That is how the Cards picked up David Eckstein. Who knows, they might snare another shortstop the same way this year…

I suspect Boras and Lozano are playing chicken with each other. Whoever blinks first. Probably way into January before Pujols or Fielder signs with anyone.

Even so, there are other interesting FAs out there. Buehrle, Oswalt, Wilson, Reyes, etc. I need some stimulation so I hope there is some movement soon.

Tweet this afternoon from SI’s Jon Heyman: “hearing #cardinals aren’t moving up from 200-210M for 9 they offered albert before season. still the team to beat tho”

I consider everything I hear from outside sources to be negotiation posturing. I never get too worked up about stuff like that.

A wise stance, but that is about the only kind of related “stimulation” you are going to find until actual deals are done.

As far as Pujols and Fielder are concerned you are right. Especially with Pujols, this kind of thing is going to continue until some other team makes a significant offer for Pujols. Leaking the alleged “max offer” is designed to flush out the real players and get them to make a move.

Like I said, I don’t expect anything on Pujols or Fielder until January. I am waiting for some movement on the other FAs.

You don’t consider Yadi’s brother signing a worthy event? I’m stunned.

I perused the non-tender candidate list on the mlbtr site. Theriot’s probably the best SS on the list. There could be a surprise I suppose.

11. Kansasbirdman says:

Thank you Brian and Cardinal Nation Blog and A+E Home Networks Entertainment. I have never won a contest before. I told my wife I won the DVD set and she said, “Did you win a set or buy one and you are just telling me you won it?” I had to show her the email. :-)

I probably watched 80% of the regular season games this year and every minute of every playoff game. What a season!

Anyone care to guess if we will see any pitcher hit eighth this year? ;/