Cardinal Talk: KXnO FOX Sports Radio: Carp goes again

Late Tuesday afternoon, I joined Jim Brinson on KXnO FOX Sports Radio 1460 in Des Moines in our weekly series to discuss the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals, “Cardinal Talk.” The focus, of course, is on Game 3 of the NLCS as the Cardinals entertain the Brewers Wednesday night.

Fans in central Iowa can again catch Cardinals radio broadcasts on KXnO throughout the 2011 season as well as my weekly segment, sponsored by WCI Pools and Spas.

Click here for audio: Brian Walton with Jim Brinson (11:20)

17 Responses to “Cardinal Talk: KXnO FOX Sports Radio: Carp goes again”

Wednesday NLCS Game 3 lineup:
    1. Rafael Furcal (S) SS
    2. Jon Jay (L) CF
    3. Albert Pujols (R) 1B
    4. Matt Holliday (R) LF
    5. Lance Berkman (S) RF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. David Freese (R) 3B
    8. Nick Punto (S) 2B
    9. Chris Carpenter (R) P

I figured Tony might duplicate the game 5 lineup, except for Jay in place of the injured Skip. But he also swapped Matt and Lance, I guess because Matt’s wrist has improved some.

I like our D up the middle.

I doubt Furcal will go Ofer again. We should hand them their heads.

Has RC given his prediction yet?

On a side note The Rockies picked up Andrew Brown 1B-OF who was just DFA`d by the Cards.

4. STLfan51 says:

Another side note which has no bearing on what happens but, what are the chances the game gets played? There seems to be a strategic advantage in not starting and stopping the game (Carpenter not getting burned) and also to not postponing it (Carp on 3 days rest for game 7 if nec). Any ideas from anyone in St. Louis? Brian?

Thanks!

5. RCWarrior says:

I’m not sure Gibson could hold this Cards team down at this point in time. Throwing Gallardo is like throwing 10 gallons of jet fuel on a raging fire. I like the cards winning tonight by a 7-2 margin…….at least. If you’re sitting in the OF make sure you bring your glove. :)

6. Kansasbirdman says:

Woooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

7. Kansasbirdman says:

That was intense

8. Kansasbirdman says:

Guys picking up the so far silent big bats. We need #7 and #12 to get loud at the plate

9. Kansasbirdman says:

Anyone see the sign with the squirrel joining the cardinal on the bat? Itwasagoodone.

I don’t get the squirrel, but to each his own. Glad people are having fun with it. Now, if you’re talking squirrel on a stick . . .

The pen have been heros multiple times. The pen. Jeesh. It’s true, anything can happen in baseball.

Motte, Jay and Freese are showing us something.

• Kansasbirdman says:

The time I went squirrel hunting I cooked them tandoori chicken style on the grill. I didn’t get the heat/time right bc they were waaaay too chewy. Now I can make some pretty good venison and smoked wild texas hog. No complaints with either of those