Annual series looking back at the top news items affecting the St. Louis Cardinals over the previous 12 months.
It is once again time for my view of the top 20 stores across the St. Louis Cardinals Nation during this past year. Actually, I am starting the countdown a bit earlier than last year. These articles end up interspersed with more immediate posts and ran well into January 2010.
As always, the countdown begins with story number 20 and will continue until number one. To help speed up the process this time, I may post more than one story per day.
I will then wrap up the series with my prediction for the top five Cardinals stories of 2011 and audit how well I did in attempting to predict 2010’s biggest news items one year ago.
This placeholder post will carry the links to all 20 stories. A link to it as well as the top stories of 2008 and 2009 can be found via the Lists > Top Stories of the Year dropdown, located on the red bar near the top center of the page.
The Cardinal Nation Blog’s top 20 stories of 2010
20. Marty Mason’s firing
19. New farm director and minor league improvement
18. Big Mac’s return
17. Not trading Colby Rasmus
16. Zack Cox’ major league deal
15. Young bench, veteran stopgaps
14. An even worse year at third
13. The muddled middle
12. Herzog to the Hall
11. Garcia’s emergence
10. Puma or Elvis?
9. The fight in Cincinnati
8. The real Man
7. Adam the new ace
6. The Penny/Lohse injuries
5. La Russa and Duncan return
4. The Pujols decade
3. The big trade
2. Holliday’s signing
1. The collapse
Latest posts by Brian Walton (see all)
- Cardinals Minor League Spring Training Notebook: 03/27/17 - March 27, 2017
- Cardinals Minor League Spring Training Notebook: 03/25/17 - March 25, 2017
- Cardinals Minor League Spring Training Notebook: 03/24/17 - March 24, 2017